|Call Us: 203-701-8723
|Hours: Mon - Fri: 9 - 5
|1008 Main St. Branford, CT 06405
At Grassette & Associates, we understand the nuances associated with closing a refinance transaction. The following are ways in which we set our firm apart from others when it comes to the handling of a refinance:
- Fast. We know how quickly a refinance can move forward is a direct correlation to the turn time of the title searches. As long as the Town Clerks are open, we actively strive to get a standard current owner title search over to the lender associated with the transaction within 48-72 hours from receiving said title order.
- Reviewed. Knowing that accuracy is paramount to success, rather than simply forwarding what our office receives from a title searcher, we have an attorney review each title search as it is prepared. This helps to mitigate potential issues that may not be caught until closing, or even worse, funding of the transaction.
- Ingenuity. Sometimes a title search may come in with a surprise that either the borrower or lender was not expecting. We believe here at Grassette & Associates that where there is a will, there’s a way. Having practiced during several refinance booms, we know a thing or two about clearing “ugly” or difficult title in order to get the transaction closed.
- Multiple Underwriters. Handling almost exclusively real estate, our firm is well established and can underwrite title insurance with several title insurance companies in Connecticut. This benefits our borrowers and lender partners in that we are multiple options for title insurance in the event of problematic title.
- Location. Location. Location. This age-old idiom is not relegated solely to purchase transactions. While our main office is in Branford, CT, we are more than happy to accommodate closings at borrower’s convenience at a mutually acceptable location and reasonable time. In the event the borrowers or property are not physically located in Connecticut, we have a system set up in our other States of practice that allows us to still close the transaction in the same convenient manner.
If you are borrower shopping for a settlement agent to handle your refinance or a lender looking for a title insurance quote, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Stewart Title Guaranty
First American Title Insurance Company
Connecticut Attorney’s Title Insurance Company
Title Resources Group
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Grassette & Associates of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Grassette & Associates bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.